Wednesday, December 2, 2009


Video game technology has made dramatic leaps in the past decades. The first system that I had the pleasure of experiencing was the Atari 2600. I can remember the good days of going to my cousin's house and playing Superman, Pitfall, and E.T. for hours. At that time I did not own one, but I did purchase a mint system with around 60 games a few years back to relive those times. I do enjoy owning the system, but I can't see spending hours and hours with a few blips on the screen anymore.

Today's gaming systems are packed full of features and have outstanding graphics, it is hard to see the difference between them and watching a movie. There are games and game systems for everyone, no matter what your interests. Racing, shoot-um-up war games, sports, and even educational games.

One of the biggest breakthroughs of the gaming industry of late is the Nintendo Wii. It features interactive controllers to get you physically into the game.

The PC industry is big on gaming as well. With PC's and the latest consoles out you can even play with or against your friends from around the globe. This adds a lot to the gaming experience for me and makes it much more interesting. One can only imaging what the future can hold for gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment